Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is a fully adhered closed-cell roofing material applied to a desired thickness, usually 1-2 inches, forming a seamless monolithic roof surface, incorporating flashings, penetrations and parapet walls. This system eliminates seams and cold joints, the primary source of major roof leaks, and provides a durable waterproof covering that bonds tightly to any properly prepared surface.
For more than 45 years Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF) has been used as a roofing and insulation material. SPF systems have been proven through comprehensive, independent studies to be dependable, long lasting, and very affordable. There are SPF roofs today that have been in place for more than 35 years, and if properly maintained could last indefinitely.
SPF has an initial insulating R-value of 6.5 per inch of thickness, providing more thermal resistance with less material than any other type of roofing insulation. Sprayed Polyurethane Foam is lightweight and can be applied over most existing roof structures without exceeding the structural load capacity, and can be shaped or sloped at insulation to reduce ponding water or create crickets for roof drainage. Since SPF can be applied directly over asphalt, built up roofs, concrete, metal and wood substrates, there is rarely need for tear-off, reducing installation times, business disruption, roofing debris in landfills, and installation costs.
ADVANTAGES OF SPF ROOFING SYSTEMS
- Seamless: Applied as a single monolithic membrane without seams or joints to leak or fail.
- Easy Additions: SPF is easy to tie into when stacks or other roof penetrations need to be moved or added.
- Self Flashing: Easily applied to irregularly shaped roofs, penetrations, curbs and parapets.
- Lightweight: Typical system weight is 50 lbs per square, versus over 100 lbs for single-ply roofs and 400 lbs for a built-up roof.
- Energy Efficient: SPF has the best insulating properties available for commercial construction today.
- Saves Time and Money: For most installations, no tear-off is necessary and insulation can provide substantial cost savings on air-conditioned buildings.
- Warranties: 10, 12, 15, and 20 year full system labor and material warranties available.
- Reduces rooftop ponding water: SPF can be shaped to all taper or slope to troublesome rooftop ponding water areas to reduce or eliminate standing water.